Last Updated: June 24, 2019
We (The Institute of Beauty and Wellness, Aveda Institute Madison and AIM/IBW Services) take your privacy seriously. Because we care about your privacy, we established this policy for our websites (The Institute of Beauty and Wellness and Aveda Institute Madison) and our mobile app (AIM/IBW Services), to inform you about how, when and why we collect your data, how we store your data and who has access to your data. It is our goal to be transparent in our data collection and storage to help inform your use of our websites and app.
As a general rule, our websites and app collect data specifically provided by you (the user) for our team (The Institute of Beauty and Wellness, Aveda Institute Madison and AIM/IBW Services) for communication, service and marketing purposes. By sharing your data, you agree to be contacted by our team for service- and promotion-related communications. Our mobile and web application partner, Zenoti, may have access to your data for troubleshooting purposes, but they will never contact you or share your data.
- Our Business, Our Customers
- How We Collect Personal Data
Our business collects personal data in two main ways, detailed below.
2.1 Personal Data Provided By The User
You may choose to provide your personal data in the following circumstances when using our websites and/or mobile app:
• Requesting information about a program via email, form or phone
• Requesting a tour of the facility via email, form or phone
• Requesting information via email or phone regarding the schools, programs, events or services
• Applying for a program via form (digital or physical)
• Applying for an advanced education, guest education, workshop or event via form (digital or physical)
• Registering for our online service application and/or mobile application
• Scheduling a service through our online service application and/or mobile application, or over the phone
2.2 Personal Data Provided By Third Parties
We obtain some personal data through applications and services owned by third parties, such as Google and Facebook, that are embedded in our website.
- Use And Retention Of Personal Data
We collect your personal data through the methods described in Section 2 in order to (as applicable):
• Provide you information about our schools, programs, services, events and promotions
• Schedule appointments to tour the facility, interview for enrollment, apply for enrollment and meetings with school staff
• Schedule service appointments
• Sign you up for advanced educations, guest educations and events
• Provide you with better customer service
- Your Right To Privacy
You have the following rights regarding your personal data when using our websites and/or application:
• You may request to access, amend or erase your personal data by emailing us at email@example.com or writing to The Institute of Beauty and Wellness, 327 E. St. Paul Ave. Milwaukee, WI, 53202;
• You may opt out of promotional email communications with the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an email or replying to the email with your request to unsubscribe.