27 Aug Explore: End of Summer Bucket listReading Time: 2 minutes
School’s starting, the fighting are getting cooler, but we’re not giving up on the rest of summer yet. We gathered our favorite perfect-weather spots to add to your list before the summer’s over.
Madison, or Madtown, as the locals affectionately call it, is an incredible city year-round, but it’s shining season is most definitely summer.
- UW-Madison’s Memorial Union Terrace is a beautiful place to relax and watch the sunset. Every Wednesday evening is Open Mic Night, so grab a table with some friends and enjoy talent from the greater Madison area while the sun sets over the lake.
- Madison’s Farmer’s Market is the largest farmer’s market in the nation. Every Saturday from 6 a.m.-2 p.m. around the Capitol Square there are local vendors from all over Dane County with fresh produce, baked goods, cheeses, meats, and flowers. It’s a beautiful way to start the weekend.
- Yoga at The Edgewater Spa & Wellness Center: This class is Lunchtime Flow. It is hosted every weekday, Monday through Friday, by Jim Fabry. This class is open to all levels of yoga practitioner and lasts 60 minutes. Lunchtime Flow Recharge and get energized on your midday break.
- Dining Alfresco: Outdoor dining can be found nearly everywhere in Madison. All of the restaurants on State Street and around the downtown area open up their patios and provide tons of seating outside, so a meal out on a beautiful day isn’t wasted indoors.
- The Madison Mallards baseball games are always a hit (no pun intended). The city’s collegiate summer baseball team puts on a show, and there’s enough stadium food to go around, too. Check the schedule for a game on your day off!
Make sure to take advantage of the weather and explore this city that thousands love being able to call home. There’s something new around every corner!
See our picks in the slideshow below.