19 May Guest Educator – Tatum Neill
Each year, the Institute of Beauty and Wellness brings in educators of all backgrounds to support our student’s education and expand their skills and knowledge. We are excited to bring in Tatum Neill for another year of social media education.
Tatum spoke with our students and faculty on “Real Influence In The Age Of Social Media.” Tatum discussed best social media practices from building your name online, ideal photos positions for before and after’s, best editing tools, newest trends and tips for building your brand today.
MEET TATUM NEILL
After receiving his Bachelor’s Degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in Environmental Policy, Tatum could no longer resist his calling and went to beauty school at the Aveda Institute New York to chart his own path. Upon graduation, he worked with top talent such as Frédéric Fekkai and Nick Arrojo. During his tenure with Arrojo, Tatum added Educator and Platform Artist to his resume. While in New York, Tatum also launched a successful career as a DJ. In 2014, Tatum moved to New Orleans where he now works as Creative Director of Paris Parker Salons and later founded Elevate Hair. He was recently named North American Artistic Director, Social Media for Aveda, where he educates other Aveda stylists on creating and marketing content for social media.
Our students loved learning from Tatum Neil. The key takeaways our students and faculty will be implementing are:
- Elevate the quality of your content
- Be consistent
- Boost engagement by responding to comments and messages and having your content re-shared by tagging.
- Using the best editing tools to enhance photos and videos
- Define your light source (Fun Fact: Natural light pulls warm tones & LED light pulls cool tones)
- Define 5 content buckets (before & afters, client duo, lifestyle/inspiration, etc.) to give your feed a variety of content for clients to connect to.