The Institute of Beauty and Wellness is owned by Susan Haise. Susan founded The Institute of Beauty and Wellness in 1994 as The Skin Institute Esthetic Training Center and expanded the program offerings into Massage Therapy, Cosmetology, Barbering, Manicuring, Esthiology, Ayurveda Esthetic, Yoga, and Instructor Training. Our faculty is a skilled team of experienced instructors with knowledge of classic and contemporary techniques. Instructors have met program licensing requirements and are trained in all aspects of hair, skin and related subjects.
Aveda was founded to create the most successful entrepreneurs in hair, skin, body and nails. Our students are educated by Aveda certified instructors, using innovative curriculums that blend professional and business-building and retail skills. The Institute of Beauty and Wellness emphasizes personal well-being, as well as, environmental responsibility. Using Aveda pure flower and plant essences and plant-based products, we affirm the relationship between personal beauty, wellness and the environment.
- The only NACCAS Accredited school in Wisconsin with all 5 curriculums, including Cosmetology, Esthiology, Massage, Manicuring, and Barbering
- “Learner-centered” (Creative and activity based learning) Beauty and Wellness School
- Small Student to Instructor Ratio provides individualized training
- Wellness activities, such as Yoga and Pilates scheduled in each class
- Student Leadership Counsel meets monthly to provide business and management skills
- Student Assemblies to provide monthly recognition and communication to students and help them to see the value in positive team meetings
- Four Annual Career Fairs to introduce students with prospective employers
- Two Annual Student Fashion Shows provide students with the opportunity to exercise creativity in make-up, hair, choreography, and fashion design
- Photo Shoots, providing students with the opportunity to learn photographic hair and makeup techniques
- Massage program includes cadaver observation, CPR & First Aid training, multiple modality trainings and much more
- An Advisory Board of Industry Leaders annually review the school’s curriculum and offerings
- An In-House Job Board that provides students and alumni with up-to-date available employment opportunities throughout Wisconsin and the Aveda Network
- Financial Aid Opportunities
- Advanced Education Programs, including CIDESCO and the ISPA International Spa Supervisors Program.
- The Education Fund, providing students with the opportunity to learn demonstrated skills from Aveda Global Experts